Saturday, December 29, 2012

The First Chapter - 016

As I started singing my first song, I noticed a pair of eyes looking at me from across the table. Well, considering that I do have that wee bit of talent in singing it wasn't a surprise to me if someone takes notice of me. After all, I'm always performing whenever I go to the pubs with Adrian and the rest of us.

The part that shook me comes when I'm singing my second song. That same guy who's been looking at me started tearing.

Tears flowing from a man because of my singing?! Shucks that's really the first time. By then even Mark noticed that guy was crying because of hearing what I sang.

"Wah Aud you steady leh! Can go be singer already lah!" Mark made fun of me when I finished both songs and the whole pub was applausing.

"Don't bo liao lah."

I excused myself to the toilet. Too much beer means too dehydrated and the number of times to the toilet increase.

When I stepped out of the toilet, that guy who was crying earlier stood there and hugged me, taking me into his arms by a huge surprise.

"Fuck, are you seriously drunk! Idiot..." I tried to free myself from this weird guy.

"No girl, I just want to say thank you personally." he tilt his head down and whisper this into my left ear.

"Huh? What the fuck? Then let go of me!" this time, I pushed with all the strength I got and manage to free myself.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I tried to adjust myself and my dress.

"Thank you."

"There's a million ways to say thank you, but you don't have to take advantage of me this way!" I lift my left hand wanting to give this man a slap.

Being a left hander it's always my first basic instinct to use my left hand when I want to slap someone. And I've never fail to get my palms onto the face of my target because people will usually not be able to counter-react a flying left palm in time.

Unfortunately, I failed badly this time. He managed to grab my hand in time and instead, turned the back of my hand facing him and gave it a kiss.

"Lawrence." with that he made my left palm facing upwards, took out a name card from his pocket using another hand and place that onto my palm.

"You have beautiful hands just like your voice. Don't waste it to hit on bad guys like me." with that whispering into my right ear this time, he let go of my hand and walk out of the pub from the back door, which is right beside the toilet.

I take a look at the name card that's on my palm.

"Lawrence Lau, Senior PR Manager"

1 comment: