Thursday, December 20, 2012

The First Chapter - 014

"I've made a wrong move, and here I am having to be responsible and suffer for the rest of my life for the mistake I've done."

Hugging me even tighter, Adrian stroke my long straight hair.

"Don't ever follow my footsteps. Never."

"Audrey. You deserved to be loved by someone who appreciates who you are, not someone wanting you to become somebody that even you can't recognize when you look into the mirror."

With his left arm still hugging me and right hand stroking my hair, I nodded my head.

"Mmmm."

We washed up and left the hotel at 5am, since Adrian needs to go home to prepare for his wedding while I need to get ready to go over to his house in the late afternoon.

"Uncle, Brighton Ave."

Wearing a bright cobalt blue dress with a silver handbag and a silver pair of wedges, I board the cab to go over to Adrian's place. As promised I adjust my mood to be bubbly and cheerful, with light makeup and my long hair braided to the side, ending on my right shoulder. At the end of the braid, I pinned the blue flower hair clip that Adrian bought for me during the days when we worked at Sheraton.

The buffet was held at the garden in Adrian's house. Everything looks really simple like what I was told. Adrian wears a white shirt with a pair of black bermudas, while his wife with her slight bulging tummy is wearing an off white knee length dress. Both he and his wife's parents are not around. All I see are friends of Adrian and his wife.

That was also the first time I see Adrian forcing himself to smile at the guests and trying hard to pretend that he's happy. His wife on the other hand looks ultra radiant and refreshed. Perhaps I'm thinking too much, Adrian didn't sleep the night before anyway. He's probably tired.

Who tells me to be fucking him on the night before his big day. I am to be blamed if he looks that tired, isn't it?

I didn't stayed very long at the wedding because one of our friend Mark decided to send me home and perhaps it's a woman's sixth sense, I felt that Adrian's wife doesn't like my presence.

"Mark, please make sure you send Aud home safely." Adrian reminded him before we left.

"Yah lah yah lah, Aud is your precious sister gem of course I'll make sure she's home safe and sound." Mark's reply assured Adrian with a pat on the groom's shoulder.

It wasn't long after we left Adrian's house that I made this decision in Mark's car.

"Mark, do you mind if we go for a drink instead?"

1 comment: