Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The First Chapter - 018

"Hi welcome to Planet Fitness..." *gasp*

My whole body and face froze the moment I saw him.

What the hell! What is he doing here? Is he a member here?

Everything goes crazy in my mind. Worst still, I can't answer these questions.

"Two large towels please, Au-drey"

Sigh, the downside of working in the frontline. You can't hide your name since name tag is a must.

"Oh and I want locker number 17, Au-drey."

Lawrence hand me his membership card. I scanned the card and pass him the locker keys.

*beep*

"Lawrence Lau Hwee"

"Enjoy your workout." I tried very hard to squeeze a smile. Afterall, it really isn't worth to get a complaint for lousy service because of him.

"You bet I will, Au-drey." Lawrence gave me a wink and walk into the men's changing room.

Larry, my partner in crime at work for that day, made fun of me after Lawrence's backview disappear into the changing room.

"Haha, he's your ONS lover is it?"

"NO LAH!" I exclaimed. "I only met him once in a KTV pub." Seriously, I don't know why my face started blushing. Seriously.

"Really just met in the KTV pub or on the bed?" Larry gave me that usual cheeky grin.

"You think my standard for guys is only like that meh?" I replied. Larry is well known for his Ah Beng character while I'm known as the closet Ah Lian, hence when we work together we usually speak in singlish or mandarin or even hokkien.

"Eh he not bad ok, I heard he quite well to do one."

Ya right, SENIOR PR MANAGER.
So?

"What you mean quite well to do?"

"Rumors has it that even though he works as a PR Manager in this big events company, he also owns 2 pubs, a night club and drives a Lamborghini."

W-H-A-T T-H-E F-U-C-K

"Orh." I replied coldly. I can't be telling Larry that I actually attempt to slap this guy during our very first encounter right?

"But he's quite humble despite being so well to do though. Everytime he comes to the gym I noticed he drives a Honda Jazz only."

"Okay I'm allergic to rich people." I tried to stop Larry from telling me about him. Who's this Lawrence Lau anyway?

I have nothing to do with him, that's it.

*bam* someone's sudden bang on the countertop gave me a scare.

"Au-drey, you free after work today?" Lawrence's sudden appearance gave me a shock.

"Huh! What... Er.."

"She'll be knocking off in another 30 minutes time." Idiot Larry for replying on my behalf. Idiot idiot idiot.

"Great. Let's go for dinner then a drink together, shall we? I think we still have unfinished business from the other time."

That moment, I foresee myself facing a catastrophe in 30 minutes time.

1 comment: