Thursday, November 8, 2012

The First Chapter - 009

Can't remember how long I hid in my room after that incident. Can't recall how painful, how heartbroken, how shattered I was after all that. I lied to my parents that the workload is too heavy and not justifiable for me because that company is a small SME and I don't see any career advancement. Plus the bullying from the seniors makes me very stressed to report for work. In order not to let my parents worried, all I could do is to hide in my room and look at the pictures of me and Sean in my phone, tearing silently while on the other hand, telling them that I'm in the room searching for a new job online.

Because both my parents are working then, it was safe to be alone at home and tearing like nobody's business. But when the night falls, that prick in my heart caused me numerous nights of insomnia.

"You sinner"

"You little slut"

That, was how I started having insomnia every year around that time when this incident happen.

When I got myself back again, it was 5 days before my birthday. A call from Adrian.

"Aud, you finally pick up my call. Do you know how worried I was!?"

"……"

"Aud, you there?"

"Yea…" I replied softly, that weeks or months of "dieting" makes me lost a couple of kilos, not to mention stripped away the chirpy me.

"Aud, I'm calling to let you know I can't celebrate your birthday with you this year.. And subsequent years... anymore."

I remained silent. Was my birthday coming? I can't recall. What date was it today?

"…"

"Aud, I… I… I'm... I'm getting married."

Then, I heard a very deep sigh.

"I'll not be having any grand dinner, it'll be just a small buffet at my house after going to the ROM. But I really wish you'll be there. Can you promise me that I'll see you on that day, the chirpy sexy Aud?"

"Aud, please… You're the most wonderful girl I ever had in my life. You've been like my little sister, it hurts me to see you destroying yourself like this over a man who doesn't cherish you."

Tears started flowing down unknowingly. Adrian… who else would have showered me with so much sincere care and concern other than him?

During this time, Adrian is the only one who have contacted me to make sure I'm well, sending me SMSes and ringing up when I didn't reply his messages. Sometimes, he would bring me my favorite food during the day when my parents are not around and make sure I finish them in front of him before leaving my house.

"I will be there, I promised."

2 comments:

  1. Hey It's pretty awesome yet a chink of sadness swirls around your story.
    Do hope you continue to find your path & update in here.
    Life is just the beginning for you dear girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read your post from begining , sorry that u have to go thru all the suffering nothing much u can do to turn back the clock so u need to look ahead with an open mind and live and let live

    ReplyDelete